Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Live Out Loud

“Every man dies. Not every man really lives.” William Wallace (Scottish commander)
Jesus spent more than three years patiently teaching his disciples in preparation for their individual ministries. After the Last Supper and before his crucifixion, Jesus gave final instructions and then spent his last hours in prayer. 
Although Jesus admonished the disciples and Jewish leaders often about their dense minds and hearts, his delight leaps off the page when, at last, the disciples have their “aha” moment.
“Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God.” (John 16:30)
“You believe at last!” Jesus answered. “But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:31-33)
Jesus lived out loud. His time on earth was limited, and he knew this. He didn’t have time to mince words or worry about political correctness. Everything he did served a purpose.
In his final hours, Jesus prayed for the disciples and then prayed for all believers. 
“I pray also for those who will believe in me through their [disciples] message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” (John 17:20b-23)
Jesus believed in the power of prayer. He believed in making the most of whatever time you’re given on this earth for His Father’s service. 
Are you living out loud for Christ? Does the world see His glory in your actions?
As we go to the Lord in prayer, please share your prayer requests in the comments section or email me confidentially. 
Please pray for healing, comfort, and strength for: 
·       Lori, my cousin’s wife, who has been diagnosed with metastatic cancer and given six months to live.
·       Courtney, young mother with cancerous brain tumor, receiving treatment through Duke. She will have repeat MRI this month to check treatment progress.
·        Emily, a 12-year-old with bone cancer.
·        TC’s father-in-law with cancer.
·        Betty’s father-in-law with Alzheimer’s.
·        Karen with leukemia in hospice care. 
Also:
·       A friend trying to find work and her unemployment benefits have run out. She is down to her last $100. Pray specifically she will find a job this week.
·       Those dealing with difficult family situations, mental illness, depression, health problems, and employment issues.  

Take a moment to enjoy this song from Steven Curtis Chapman, “Live Out Loud.”


God bless,
Laura

© Laura Hodges Poole

12 comments:

  1. laura i will be in prayer for these requests. i am so sorry to hear of the many health needs and for your friend who needs work/money asap. as always thank you for all your hard work with this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty. I'm glad the blog is a blessing to you. God bless.

      Delete
  2. My heart breaks for all these people. There really is power in prayer!
    Let us go before the throne in full confidence that our God is a loving God, a powerful God and a just God.

    Thanks Laura!
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TC, for your prayers. It breaks my heart, too. God bless you.

      Delete
  3. My name is Jennifer Jones. I have 2 very important prayer requests to ask you, please? One is for my Grandma, and her name is Edna McClure and she is sick and in the hospital right now and the doctor's are not really sure what is wrong with her, and we are gonna have to put her in a nursing home just tempoary b/c my mom isn't able to pull her up and help her b/c she isn't in the best of health either. And my uncle is dying and his name is Ray McClure, and i would appreciate Greatley if you all would "PLEASE" PRAY FOR OUR FAMILY and my Uncle's FAMILY as well!!!

    Thank you, and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are praying, Jennifer. Please give us an update when you have it. God bless.

      Delete
  4. Hi Laura,

    Hi Laura,

    Nice to meet you. Thanks for this reminder to live out loud, live intentionally. Those prayer requests show that you are aching for friends and family who are going through cancer too. We have had several friends walk that road too. May they sense Jesus' close presence and love today.

    Regarding your comments on my site, parenting teens is such a good adventure, isn't it? The good conversations, the easy laughter, the camaraderie... !

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I enjoyed your blog post and look forward to reading more.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the wonderful post ~ have always loved that song! Great connecting with you. God bless! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Sheri. Thanks so much for stopping by! God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Hi...enjoyed reading your post. Gob bless you :)
    Kat

    ReplyDelete