Saturday, February 18, 2012

Results of Contest

I shared last December that my manuscript, "Hope's Gentle Touch," had finaled in the RWA Emily Contest.

The final results are in! The manuscript placed second in the Contemporary Single Title category. Since this contest was opened nationwide to all authors, secular and Christian, representing a variety of genres, I feel blessed and honored that "Hope's Gentle Touch" was so competitive in this field.

Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers through my writing journey. It means so much to me!

4 comments:

  1. Impressive, Laura! I'm so proud of you! :D
    Love, "I knew her when we were in school" ~ BK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda! I appreciate your friendship and support!

      Delete
  2. This is quite an honor, Laura...to be selected from such a huge group of participants. Congratulations! We'll have to include this in your bio for your next WOW devotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. God is good! The writing journey is a long and winding road filled with rejection and detours. When the hard work bears fruit, it's a nice feeling.

      Delete