Wednesday, December 25, 2013

He's Here!

The Savior was born!
So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told. Luke 2:16-20 NIV

Merry Christmas! Except for Easter, today is the most joyous day in a Christian's life. We get to celebrate the birth of our Savior. He came as a babe and grew into a man then died and rose again to take the punishment for our sins so we might spend eternity with him. Praise God! I pray you have the assurance of this salvation. If not, I pray this is the year you seek to learn who Jesus is.

One of my favorite Christmas songs and videos is this one from Francesca Battistelli, "You're Here." I know most of you are spending the day with family and not much time online, which is why I'm keeping this short and sweet. But take a few minutes to consider the wonder of our Savior's birth as you watch this.


If there's anything you need prayer for today, please leave a comment or e-mail me confidential requests. My prayer for you is that you'll find spiritual peace through the celebration of Jesus' birth. God bless you all.

Merry Christmas from my family to yours. 
Shalom,
Laura 

©Laura Hodges Poole

No comments:

Post a Comment