Friday, January 13, 2012

Did God Help Tebow Win?

Well, since everyone else is Tebowing, I thought I’d jump into the fray. The question has been bandied about all week: Did God help quarterback Tim Tebow and the Broncos beat the Pittsburgh Steelers?

My answer: I have no idea.

I personally don’t think God gives a rip who wins a football game. However, He does care about His followers. He blesses those who glorify Him with their lives. Tebow certainly has done this. God also listens to prayer and answers according to what He deems best.

No doubt, there were Christians on both teams last Sunday, but none have been as vocal about his Savior as Tebow. He has been vilified by non-believers to the point where many other Christians might have buckled. Because of this persecution and his unwavering beliefs, millions of Christians around the country pray for his success.

Including me.

I didn’t pray for Tebow to win last Sunday. Instead, I prayed he would play his best, which means playing up to his ability and training. If he did this, win or lose, he could walk out of Mile High with his head held high, knowing he’d left everything on the field. Perhaps Tebow prayed a similar prayer.

Regardless, the Broncos win was inspirational—something sorely lacking in professional sports. Whether or not the Broncos beat the Patriots tomorrow night, I’ll again pray for Tebow and his teammates to play their best.

We’ll have to wait and see if their best is good enough to win.

2 comments:

  1. I agree completely. I pray not that he wins or loses, but that he will bring glory and honor to Jesus Christ. Which he seem to be doing. I also think it is important for other Christian to pray and cheer for each other. Great post :)Jessica

    ReplyDelete