Thursday, May 5, 2011

Entertaining Angels

Last week billions of people around the world tuned in to watch the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. No doubt, if any one of us had the chance to rub elbows with a member of the royal family, we’d be on our best behavior, serve them with our finest china, and basically accommodate them beyond our means.
Hebrews 13:2 says, “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.”
I don’t know about you, but I’m not sure I’ve ever entertained an angel. A few who weren’t, perhaps. And maybe that’s the gist of this verse. Entertaining angels is easy. It’s the strangers, co-workers, or friends with the little horns growing out of their head that try our patience.
The next time one of these little devils show up in your life, remember that “through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name.” (Hebrews 13:15).
Praising God through his Son doesn’t change your circumstances, but it always changes the condition of the heart. And who knows? Maybe one day, you’ll find yourself in the presence of a real angel.
Give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Laura! I love this!! Prayer and praise is a choice in the midst of happy times and sad times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have thought before about this and came to the conclusion that those "strangers, co-workers, or friends with the little horns growing out of their head that try our patience" are the ones whom in some way may just being doing some good for us. Change and spiritual growth come through tough times...everyday for those who annoy me or whom I think I can't stand, I offer a few thoughts to as how they may be doing some good for me that I do not know about. Then I choose to smile and be nice. Choice-a gift God has given to us. Your angel just might be the one whom you can't stand-true story-has happened to me recently!

    ReplyDelete